About

Hello and welcome! My name is Vickie Morgado and I am a passionate and connected educator who uses technology and effective instructional strategies to engage learners in my classroom. I have a Masters Degree from Brock University in Curriculum studies. I am a life long learner eager to continue to grow and strengthen my practice and always a work in progress.  I hold qualification in primary, junior, intermediate and senior grades and I have been teaching for 20 years. I am a Microsoft Innovator Educator Expert, Global Learning Mentor, Apple Teacher, National Geographic Certified Educator, Teach SDG’s Ambassador, Blueprint Champion, as well as a PioNear and Nearpod Certified Teacher. Recently, I have become a Microbit: Champion and looking forward to working with new challenges in 2021. I am currently working as an Elementary Guidance Experiential Learning teacher.  I believe in teaching students to be responsible and safe in the digital world while taking action in their local and global communities. I also believe in teaching students to create balance with technology in their lives.

2 thoughts on “About

1. Hello!

Thanks for a great presentation at CONNECT. I learned a lot. 🙂

Just a quick and random comment about the (math) patterning examples that appeared in your presentation; did you know that 1 in 10 boys have colour vision issues? Some of the boys in your class may not be able to successfully answer the patterning problems that you presented, just because of the colours that were included.

You seem very passionate about equity and inclusivity, so I just thought I’d pass along that thought.

Thanks so much, again, for the great presentation.

1. Thanks for your message Susan. I would love to read more about this research. What colours would be better to use in the presentation? Thank you for attending our presentation and for your comment. Our presentation will be up later on the website. Thank you again.